Saturday, January 19, 2019

Trusting When You Cant See

You know those moments late in the middle of the night, or really early morning, around 2 or 3 am, when you are wide awake yet so tired, but your brain won't let you sleep? You're worrying about finances, test results, anticipating a doctor's appointment, questioning your life choices even...basically all of the things that maybe you really can't control at that moment, are the exact things that keep you wide awake. So why is that we worry about things that we KNOW we have no control over? If you are like me, then you are worrying BECAUSE you can't control it. You know that no matter how much you try, the ball is simply not in your court. So, that leads to us to doubt the One who DOES control everything...

"Dear Lord, please let Your will be done in my life. I would like for it to include *this & that,* and I DO NOT want this current situation to be in Your will, so if you could just take it away now, thank you. Oh, but anything else I'm okay with. Thanks Lord, You're the best!"

......wait...... 

Okay, so maybe that example was exaggerated, but maybe it wasn't. I know I have legit prayed like that before. I'm shocked God didn't come down and smack me, good thing He's got a lot of patience! But on a serious note, I have honestly tried to tell God what to do. I know He's got my best interest at heart, but I'm still nervous to trust it. The most terrifying part of trusting, is trusting without seeing. Without knowing. I can't see what tomorrow holds. I don't know what the big picture looks like. All I know is this current issue is NOT what I prayed for. I absolutely did NOT pray for a daughter with all of the issues mine is currently facing. I did NOT ask to be tied financially because of it. I did not, I did NOT. I. DID. NOT. And He gave it to me anyways. WHY?! That is the most heartwrenching and most doubtful question we could ever ask God. "Why, Lord, WHY would You give me this situation? You should know I'm not strong enough for it. I'm young, I can't handle this. I am not responsible enough for this."

And He answers with, "I know you aren't. But I am. Dear child, I can see your tomorrow, I can see your ten years from now. I know this plan is best for you. I know this temporary pain won't last forever. Just trust Me. Let Me work. I've. Got. This." And friend, HE DOES HAVE THIS. I still have days, moments, many moments during many days, that I breakdown, I get overwhelmed, and I doubt. I question. But He answers me every time with, "I've got this."

Now you may be asking, " I KNOW He's got it, but what do I do about right now?" You pray. And when you're done praying, read your bible. And when you've done that, get in a routine. Make a habit out of those things. When you still doubt, pray harder. Vent to Him. He can take it. He understands how you feel so I promise your venting does not hurt His feelings. And then, when you've done all that, let Him pick you up, place you back on your feet, and you keep going. One day at a time. One of my favorite sayings that my dad taught me is, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." And thats how you take life, one day at a time. Let God worry about tomorrow, you focus on today. You focus on the things that you can control, and let God handle the rest. We know He will work everything out for us, for His people, for His perfect purpose.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 NIV

"Dear Lord, I thank you for entrusting this circumstance to me. I pray You would guide me through this journey so that I may not handle it alone. Lord I trust that You have my best interest in mind, and that this is all a part of Your perfect plan though I cannot see it yet. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment